Sunday, February 24, 2008

Irresistible Impulse

I liked this one a lot. We meet Tranh, the Vietnamese guy who becomes a big part of the Karps life. He is probably one of my favorite characters. Turns out in this book, Lucy is about in the third grade, so that was cool. I thought this one was really good. I think we begin to see a heightened strain on Butch and Marlene's relationship. The stories are complex. This is a good series, and this book is no different. A review of my casting:
Butch Karp - Edward Burns
Marlene Ciampi - Maybe Marisa Tomei?
Lucy Karp - varying ages, although the true test will be who plays her when she gets a little older
Zik and Zak - doesn't matter at the moment
Harry Bello - Bruce Willis in his 16 Blocks outfit
Guma - Paul Giamatti
Roland Hrcany - still working on it, maybe Hulk Hogan?
VT Newbury - Edward Norton
Tranh - Jet Li
Clay Fulton - Morgan Freeman
That'll do for now, I suppose.

No comments: