Sunday, September 2, 2007

A New Blog's Beginning

The idea here, I think, is to talk a little about the books I'm reading, keep track of the series I am keeping up with, as I am quite the sucker for the serial, keep track of some authors I like, and perhaps make and receive some reccommendations from my reader or readers, should there ever be any. I don't expect there will be posts on this all the time, I intend to say a little something about each book or series I complete. Hopefully, I will also be able to put some dates on here to help remind me of some books that I am eagerly anticipating. So, that's the plan. Come back if it sounds interesting.

Just one note regarding the List fo Series/Authors, it is not complete by any means, yet, I will be adding to it for a while, I suspect. But, the series in bold are series that I have completed. The authors in parentheses are authors I am not necessarilyfollowing, the ones separated by a "/" I am attempting to pay attention to. For the record, I hate putting Tolkien in that way, LOTR is probably among my favorite series of all time, but things like The Silmarillion and The Children of Hurin and Farmer Giles of Ham also have his name on them, and I do not imagine I will ever read those things, so...
Anyway, that's the gist of it.

2 comments:

Steve said...

I haven't read many book series. The Lord of the Rings, obviously. The Tin-Tin books. The Chronicles of Narnia. I read the Little Women books because I had to. I read some of the Sherlock Holmes short stories and fantasized about getting through them all. At one point, I was up to date with the complete published works (in English) of Milan Kundera, Witold Gombrowicz, Salman Rushdie, John Irving and Kurt Vonnegut, but that was long ago.

Anonymous said...

My favorites include the Robert Parker Spenser books especially. I feel like he is an old friend. The Tony Hillerman books about New Mexico are also old friends.