Sunday, September 16, 2007

No Lesser Plea

No Lesser Plea, Robert K. Tanenbaum
This is the first book by Tanenbaum and the first book in the Butch Karp series, which I am intending to read from beginning to current next. I have read several of them before, but not all of them. I really like them, and I really like the characters involved. Karp, in this book, is employed as and Assisstant District Attorney in the New York City DA's office. In this book, he meets the woman to whom he will be married in the future, Marlene Ciampi. The book was written in 1988, but it is set in the early 70's. I feel like I would enjoy seeing it as a movie. Maybe as the series goes on I will be able to develop the cast. Rereading it this time, I found it to be a little more blue than I remembered. Not that that bothers me at all. There was also less violence than I thought. Somewhere between Robert B Parker and James Patterson. Nothing really profound in the book, but it is a fun read. Or at least, I thought so.

2 comments:

lisa said...

I'm excited about this series and would like to read it with you. Only i'm in the middle of quite a list right now, so it will take me awhile to get there. too bad.

Steve said...

Robert K. Tanenbaum or Michael Gruber? Check out this odd link:
http://www.michaelgruberbooks.com/about.html